Thursday, December 29, 2011

A New Journey

  Last night I was perusing the internet catching up on my daily new fix (I may have a slight addiction to NPR, the NY Times and Facebook) when I decided that I needed an outlet for my rambling ideas, adventures and passions

So I've decided...to start a blog.

So there I was logged into blogger.com creating a blog but then I hit a roadblock, how does this work?  I have friends who started blogging but each of them had a purpose, a reason.  My brother-in-law started a blog for his time in the peace corps to allow each of us back here in the states to follow his adventures (and misadventures).  My friend Lindsay started a blog to allow us to follow her daily life in Bangladesh while her husband serves as a member of the State Dept.  Another friend, Dario, chronicles his misadventures in Florida from the perspective of an Argentine.  But what would my purpose be?  I guess I am going to take this opportunity to combine all of the ideas above and blog about what interests me at that very moment.  Maybe it will be an interesting article, a book, a picture, a memory or just a random thought that happens on the way to the forum (okay, maybe not the forum but the grocery store).  So I encourage those who read this to stick around, comment when you like and maybe attempt this venue for public expression for yourselves.


1 comment:

  1. I feel honored being mentioned in this post. I started my blog in 2008 and it really keeps me closer to my loved ones far away. You need time and persistence to maintain it updated, but it is worthy. I am even considering open another blog in 2012. It is great if you love writing and reading. Happy new year Sammie!

    ReplyDelete