Thursday, August 28, 2014

Adventure Time

Welcome back everyone (that includes me as well) - I seem to have taken quite the hiatus from my blog but what better time to get back into the swing of things when planning to take a much needed vacation.

Since my relocation to Louisville (and the job change that came with it) and the somewhat permanent nature of our stay (yeah for Quinn getting the tenure track position at IUS!) I have had the luxury of being able to take vacation at any time throughout the year.  As many of you know, this has not been the case in the past.  My vacations had to be planned around the busy seasons in retail and unfortunately, fall equals back to school which prevented me from being able to take time away from the store.

So this past winter, I determined that I wanted to go out west in the fall, coinciding with the week that my parents have at our condo in Big Sky, MT.  I hemmed and hawed about flying to Minneapolis and riding out with my family or taking a massive solo road trip for the ages.  I finally determined that the road trip was the best option and began planning.  Initially, I wanted to take it with Hayley (my sister) but she was going to use this trip as well to introduce Hannah to the places she loved the most so that was out because what I had planned and she had planned did not mesh the best.

I figured then, what the heck, I would try to hit as many of my favorite places as well and share my misadventures along the way.  So hold on to your hats and enjoy the ride - the next 12 days are going to be one heck of an adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment